Tuesday 24 April 2012

Windows Phone Performance Analysis Tool : Part 0 of n

I would like to share my experiences of using the Windows Phone Performance Analysis Tool. Details about the tool can be found here.

I am not investigating any particular performance issues with any applications however I think it would useful to note down what is "normal" when viewing the data associated with the Performance Analysis Tool.

As my understanding of the tool develops as will the usefulness of these blog posts.

Firstly, I have created a brand new project (File > New Project > Windows Phone Application) and then used the tool straightaway, without making any changes.

Here is the graph produced :-

As you can see there is an influx of CPU usage when the application is first run (between 0 and 1.4) and a slightly smaller influx (between 2.8 and 3.5) when the application closes.

Having run the Performance Analysis Tool on a couple of other applications, this seems to be normal and shouldn't be anything to worry about.

If you have any experiences to share with using the Performance Analysis Tool, I would be very interested to hear them.

More to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment